Hong Kong passed the average life-span of woman, and Japanese woman’s average life-span becomes second after 26 years, but still Japanese woman has 85.90 years and man has 79.44 years as average life-span. In total, we still can say Japanese have long life.
In this thread, the source is the article at Wall Street Journal, “There are more than 50000 elder people over 100 years”, talking about Japan.
Why do Japanese have long life? Various opinions are there…
- Different from US, Japan still has pension system. It’s not surprising! +84
- We should not forget about all citizen has some kind of insurance institution. +64
- Because they often have rice… +47
- I guess the another reason should be they often eat fish. +49
- For having pension, the family doesn’t declare the notice of death. It happens at the countries around the Mediterranean. +42
- There might be many reasons, but the most should be the great pension system. +55
- They don’t spend as much money as they want, but they save them. +76
- Because of that nationality preferring saving, the economy dies, though… +24
- Do you want to live long? I guess we repeat the same days at some point…
- There is no article about the reason Japanese live long? It’s because of personal concern about health, genetic reason or both of them? +11
- They are small and Japan has great safe standard about food. Compared to American, they walk alot. Japanese smoke and drink more than American, though…
- Gene should be related to life span.. +5
- Also the main dish. Rice, fish and green tea. Healthy life style. The person who lives longest said “moderate drinking” is the reason of long life. +20
- It’s amazing to think about the history they experienced… Of course the number of their anniversary is amazing, too. +6
- For having pension, some families don’t declare the notice of death. This is the problem in Japan. +3
- I think that Japanese use chopsticks not forks is the big reason, too.
- Japanese debt is over 200% on GDP comparison. I’m interested how they resolve the problem about decreasing of population in young generation supporting elder people. Even they raise up the tax to maximum, resolving should be very tough. +65
- The man living longest is 115 years old… I guess he walked around with samurai…
- I guess there were few Samurai at that time. Japanese government and western countries destroyed them.
- Well, politic is not related to this. Healthy food and moderate exercise!
- Well, but the rate of smokers is high. Strange. +5
- If war was not happened, the number should be more….
- It’s a good thing, but it’s the matter accelerating aged society in Japan. +2
- Many people have long life, and at the same time, many people lose their lives because of overwork. There is a word Karoshi… +2
- Because Japanese health care system is the world level.
- Everything born in Japan has tolerance!
- According to the recent survey, the population over 65 years old is more than the population under 14 years old. It seems to be the first time to happen since this survey started. Japan faces to the serious problem about that. +3
- I have many things to ask to people living more than 100 years. Amazing! +3
- Well, but the rate of suicide is still high…
- We should eat much more Udon!!
- The reason why Japanese have long life is the food (especially fish) and the family takes care of elders until the end… Japanese people have deep respect to elder people. They don’t have to worry about being alone, and they can have long, healthy and happy life.
- “Surprised at Japan’s position” Foreigners’ reaction by watching Longevity country ranking
- Japanese don’t eat Sushi everyday? Foreigeners’ Reaction
- Foreigners love Japanese vending machines! Foreigners’ Reaction
- The reason Japanese are shy is Japanese culture Foreigners’ Reaction
- Why Japanese started eating raw fish? Foreigners’ Reaction